The Scientific Committee initiated its activities in 1997 in an office of the Pink House, soon after was completely insufficient, owing the volume of work
In year 2000 it was located in a ample first plant of nº 48 of the Cabrales street, in downtown.
Finally, in April of 2003, the Scientific Committee of the SIBI was transferred to its new and definitive seat, in an historical building catalogued like artistic, deep and well recovered and located in the center of Gijón. Constructed between 1924 and 1927, he is firmly tie to the historical memory of the city and very is wanted by the gijonians since during many years lodged the Institute of Childrenhood, where it was made an important medical and social assistance of attention to the pregnancy and the children and its mothers, reason for which they affectionately denominate it like the “Drop of Milk”.
The acts of inauguration of the renewed building counted on the presence of the Mayoress of Gijón and President of the Foundation SIBI, Mrs. Paz Fernandez Felgueroso, the President of the Government of the Principality of Asturias, Mr. Vicente Alvarez Areces, Councilmen, Advisors and other authorities as well as numerous public and the President of the Scientific Committee of the SIBI, Mr. Marcelo Palacios, that were thankful brief and sincerely to the City Council of Gijón the cession to the International Society of Bioethics of good part of this emblematic building with its magnify facilities, which from then significantly contributes when dignify the scope of work and activities of the Scientific Committee.
International Society of Bioethics (SIBI)
Plaza del Humedal, 3
33206 GIJÓN - Asturias - Spain